Monday, November 17, 2008

Operation Rat Bastard: a complete success!

This morning at 5:30 I reached into the silverware drawer to pull out a fork as I was packing my husband's lunch: leftover chicken stirfry. (yum!) Something wiggled in the back of the drawer and caught my eye, so I pulled the drawer all the way open. There it was. The anarchist struggled against the gluetrap. I felt kind of bad for it, because I know it was just succumbing to the temptation of Mo's Bacon Bar, and who doesn't need a little chocolate now and then? I picked up the trap and set it in a plastic bin, and I promised the little mouse that I would release it after I finished packing Troy's lunch.

As promised, I dribbled a little vegetable oil on the mouse until it was free, and it jumped back into the plastic bin. After Ethan woke up and had breakfast, we loaded the bin into the back of my suv and took the mouse for a drive. We released it in a field a few miles from our house. Operation Rat Bastard was a complete success!

Now I must go scrub the hell out of all of the silverware and disinfect the drawer.

0 comments: