Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dr. Mom cures cabin fever

It's November and it's 74 degrees! I love it, but the weather outside will turn frightful soon enough, and being stuck in the house all winter with a bored toddler sounds even more frightful. Ethan and I have a lot of fun together, but sometimes we get bored with the same old same old so I've been scouring the Internet to come up with new, inexpensive ideas.

FamilyEducation.com had some great ideas on their Rainy Day Activities page. I also liked Kitchen Fun. My kitchen is small, but so is Ethan, and I'm looking forward to surprising him with these activities!

Kids love taking things out and putting them back in. I've been shredding my junk mail and taking it to the Pro Kansas Miller Recycling Center, but I think I'll save a few days worth and give it to Ethan so he can make his own mailbox out of an empty diaper box. My husband needs a new wallet too, so when I buy the new one I will give the old one to Ethan along with a handful of the fake credit cards that come attached to the credit card offers.

When it's time to clean the house, I hand him the feather duster and let him go wild with it. Sometimes I will unscrew the top two pieces from my Swiffer and let him "help" clean the floor, but I don't put a swiffer pad on it because the wet floor is a safety hazard. He also has a toy vacuum and sometimes he will vacuum right alongside me when I'm using the real one.

Here is a link to a recipe for home made play dough that I'm looking forward to making so Ethan can shape and squish til his little heart's content.

For more fun ideas visit
FamilyEducation.com
Toddlertoddler.com
Fun games for toddlers at essortment.com

I will be putting a link section on my blog so I can add new websites as I come across them.



0 comments: