Friday, December 5, 2008

Well, it's been a little over a month since I decided to use housework as a distraction. Lo and behold it worked. I've been happier, the house has been cleaner, and I get to sleep later in the mornings because I don't have to run to the basement and hurriedly iron a shirt for my husband before he goes to work. (So I wake up at 5 instead of 4:30. I guess that's still considered sleeping in isn't it?

Update on Ethan: he's still learning the alphabet, and knows about half of it. He surprised me two days ago when he pointed to a U and said "u!" He said purple for the first time too. Now if I could just get him to use the potty chair. We have until next fall so he can start pre-school. That should be enough time.

I've been studying Korean for the last few days. 1. I thought it would make my mom happy, and actually I did get to surprise her by telling her that I can speak a little Korean - in Korean. 2. I need to learn it so I can teach Ethan. I think it's important for him to be fluent in another language, and why not Korean since it's part of his heritage? 3. I've been watching a lot of Korean music videos on youtube, and I was curious to know what they are singing about.

I guess the good thing right now though, is that I can enjoy the music without regard to the lyrics. Then again, what if I'm like that German family in the "learn english" commercial???

0 comments: